Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lottie is doing well!

 Lottie has been here a couple of days now and is settling well. She is usually a quiet dog, but does not like to be in a crate and will bark if the door is closed.

Lotti is a sweetheart; she reminds me of Brooke, a previous foster. She wants to be with people but can't quite bring herself to initiate contact and is hesitant to accept petting at first, then will relax. She also hates to be contained in a crate. She got very upset last night with our crate/xpen arrangement, so I made the xpen the full sized to give her more room, which didn't help at all. We could hear her panting with stress even with the full xpen and crate, so I made the executive decision to invite her into our bed. I added a dog bed and plopped her into it and we all slept the rest of the night with no issues. I had to lift her out of the bed this morning. 
Lotti has used the steps to join our dog and I on the couch and sits down by my feet. She is quite independent and is not destructive. She is a sweet dog who is quickly learning what life outside of a cage can be like and seems to be enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment